Friday, May 9, 2008

Don't Stop...

That is my advice to Hillary Clinton. Every single time she gets a MAJOR win, EVERYONE starts yelling for her to get out of the race. Pundits, journalists, and some politicians, trying to short-circuit this process. There is no DOUBT in my mind that this is blatant sexism - NO MAN running for president was forced out of the process prior to the convention, even those who were HUNDREDS of delegates behind (I mean YOU, Kennedy!!). Yet with Clinton, someone who has won ALL of the major states except one, is being called upon DAILY to get out of the race. How dare she impede their coronation of their Golden Candidate?? If you need any proof of THAT, Obama has decided he will declare VICTORY on May 20th! Wow!! Without all of the voters voting! Without all of the superdelegates choosing! VICTORY IS HIS, so sayeth He!!!

Holy freakin' cow - Excuse me??? Haven't we just gone through almost 8 years of someone who declared himself king? Is it because it is a Democrat doing it now that makes it palatable to people?!?! Is that why Democrats are now blithely accepting voter disenfranchisement? Or even vote STEALING (if the new, stupid as hell, MI plan is enacted - it would TAKE delegates that Clinton EARNED away from her, and GIVE them to Obama!! What the HELL??????)?

Since WHEN did the Democrats become like the Republicans? And since WHEN did Democrats ACCEPT that we are acting more like the Republicans than the Republicans are?? We have a DNC official writing nasty emails to Clinton supporters, attacking them without cause. Yes, I mean Donna Brazile - her responses to Clinton supporters is OFF the CHARTS, and she is a PAID employee of the DNC! (Go over to NoQuarterUSA.net and look at the response she sent to a young woman who wrote a very nice, complimentary letter to her - Brazile's response was off the charts. She is nuts. And she is a major spokesperson for the DNC.) I simply cannot get past how the DNC has put its collective thumbs on the scales for Obama, stealing Clinton's momentum, trying to steal delegates from her, trying to railroad the most qualified candidate we have had in YEARS out of the process to make way for an empty suit, and I cannot get over the rampant sexism, nay MISOGYNY, being employed in this contest. It is shocking. It is reprehensible. It is maddening. It is saddening.

Yet...And yet, Clinton keeps going, seemingly stronger than ever. She continues in this campaign, continues to meet her supporters, to thrill numerous people with her presence, her brilliance, her grasp of the issues, her humor. She is, without a doubt, the most qualified presidential candidate, and the ONLY one who can beat McCain. Despite the shrill calls for her early departure, hopefully the SuperDelegates see she is the ONLY one to support in this contest. So, don't stop, Senator Clinton - keep going all the way to the Convention in August!! And we will stand behind you - all the way to the White House.

***PLEASE donate to the Clinton Campaign! If you are short on funds, please CALL for her. This is not just for her, this is for US, for our country.***

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Hiya Amy! Oh I can not tell you how pissed off I am at the DNC and every freakin' Obamabot in this country.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

I hear ya, ME - feel free to elaborate. I know I am pretty pissed off, too. These recent attacks on Clinton are really not helping any, that's for sure. Grrrrr. It just seems endless, you know?? No matter how much she succeeds, they treat it as a failure. I think many women have had that experience - no matter how well she has performed her job, the less qualified guy gets all of the praise (and press). I am sick of it.

Really nice to have you back!

Mary Ellen said...

Well, I let the brain dead Obamabots have it on my blog today. I was trying to keep my regulars who have been coming around since the beginning of my blog around, but since they already decided to drink the kool-aide, they don't comment at my place anymore...so what the hell, eh?

I really need to get some more Hillary supporters over there.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

I'll drop by over there, too. And I appreciate your struggle - how sad that they have made it so difficult...