Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Go, TAR HEELS!!!!

And I don't mean specifically in a UNC way, but INCLUSIVELY, as in an entire state way. Governor Mike Easley of NC endorsed Senator CLINTON yesterday. What welcome news THAT is! He is a hugely popular governor (I was just in NC yesterday - it is my home state, and I was coming back through Charlotte on my way home from my 50th birthday extravaganza trip. I saw my mom, too, who was excited about Senator Clinton speaking in Charlotte yesterday.). It might have helped for him to say something SOONER, but hey - better late than never, right? And now he can campaign away for her. Oh, and speaking of Charlotte, here is the link for the article from the Charlotte Observer talking about Clinton's visit: http://www.charlotte.com/540/story/601220.html

Okay - so now, for something not as joyful. Howard Dean is at it again. Yes, it's true. He has now said that one of the candidates should drop out by June so there can be "party unity" by the convention in August. (I am sure there are several articles out there, but I got the info from AOL.) Well, here's a little newsflash for you, Howie - there is not going to BE "party unity" because of the way you, Donna Brazile, Nancy Pelosi, and some of the other party leaders have conducted yourselves during this process. There isn't going to be "party unity" because you have chosen to disenfrachise over two million Democrats. There won't be "party unity" since you have decided to back the "Democratic" candidate who has not gotten the majority of DEMOCRATIC voters!! Nope - you want the Republican Lite candidate whom you claim can pull in the Independents and Republicans (funny - I thought this was the DEMOCRATIC National Committee - I must be confused). There won't be "party unity" because of the way you have treated Senator Clinton, in particular, and women in general. The level of sexiam and misogyny evidenced by the DNC has seen to that. Oh, and basically calling all white people racist because we choose Clinton, the more experienced, more qualified candidate who is actually capable of writing her own policies, rather than your inexperienced, WORM-y, poor judge of character hanging around with questionable characters, lying, sneaky, arrogant candidate. See? It's not racism - we just prefer the BETTER candidate who can actually effect some CHANGE!!! So, yeah, Dean - you can pretty much hang up that whole "party unity" crapola - you have made damn sure that is not going to happen. Not in August. Not for a while. I an a lifelong Democrat, but I gotta tell you - after this year, after the way you have handled this nomination process, the way you are trying to strong arm out the best candidate despite the voices of DEMOCRATS - yeah, you can hang that unity schtick right up. Ain't gonna happen. And you have no one to blame but yourself.

In the meantime, shut up. Let the VOTERS decide who the candidate will be. It is NOT UP TO YOU to determine who it will be, or it SHOULDN'T be!! Let the voters speak. That is the whole thing about Democracy, or did you forget that?!?! Evidently. Anyway - learn it. Shut up. Let the people speak. Stop pressuring the Superdelegates to decide immediately. Stop trying to insert yourself into this process. Oh, and SEAT FLORIDA AND MICHIGAN!!!!! Sheesh. Now, go away already.

NEW TOPIC: I hate to admit this, but I actually read a William Kristol piece in yesterday's NY Times. I know, I know - I can scarecely believe it myself. But get THIS - it was a VERY positive piece about Hillary Clinton, and how crappy the MSM has been! I know! I can't believe it, either!!! The title is pretty telling: "Hillary Gets No Respect!" If you want to take a look, here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/28/opinion/28kristol.html?em&ex=1209614400&en=313a3c9b4fbcb971&ei=5087%0A

No comments: