Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Note of Support to Sen. Clinton

So, um, yeah - I'm a Clinton supporter! There is a place for notes of support to her on her website. This is what I sent her:

Dear Senator Clinton,

I am SO glad you are running for president. I have waited for this for YEARS now. Thank you for participating in this process, despite having to fight not only against your Democratic opponents, but your Republican opponents as well (not to mention the media, and not just Fox Noise - their "coverage" is incredibly frustrating to ME - I cannot imagine what it is like for YOU! Today, for example, it was All Obama All Day. So much for giving each candidate equal time!).

And this is one of the many reasons I knew you would make a great president - your incredible strength of character. Add to that your brilliance; your commitment not just to the country, but to its citizens, and our concerns; as well as your compassion, especially for those who are disenfranchised.

As you and President Clinton keep saying, the more people get to know YOU, not what we are told about you by the media and the right wing, the more people want to support you. In fact, this past primary in SC, an old friend of mine voted for you. He used to be a Republican before saw the light. He said a year ago he thought you shouldn't run because it would be divisive for the country. And now he is voting for you. That says a lot about YOU, and what you bring to the table.

Finally, if I may make a request: I would appreciate it if you would consider changing your stand on same-sex marriage, and embrace the concept. It is unfair for ANY American to be treated disparately under the law, and that is with what we are faced. In restoring the USA to its best status after Bush, can we not also move in joining with many European (and some South American) countries in supporting ALL of our citizens? Thank you for your consideration.

I want to add that I met, briefly, your council, Leecia Eves, at the rally in Charleston, 1/26. She was so warm and engaging, and I want to commend her to you (I confess, I was so awed to be talking to someone actively working on your campaign that I failed to introduce myself or my partner). She treated us like friends she just met, and is an OUTSTANDING reflection on your campaign, and you.

Thank you again, Senator Clinton, for putting yourself through all of the trials and tribulations of a campaign. I, for one, look forward to your inauguration next January!! Stay strong; stay positive - people are BEHIND you!

Blessings on you in this endeavor!
All the best -
The Reverend Amy

No comments: