Saturday, August 9, 2008

Georgia On My Mind...

I cannot even beging to do this issue justice right now - I have company, and we are on our way out. But I want to recommend you check out Memeorandum.com and No Quarter, which are both doing a lot on this, as well as what McCain and Obama are saying (here's a little hint - one of them spoke knowledgeably, the other did not. Wanna guess which one did which? Uh, yeah.).

I do want to mention that over 1,500 people have already died in this war between Georgia and Russia, a war not even a day old. Fifteen hundred people. Words fail, but my heart goes out to all those who are losing people in this conflict, and all conflicts being waged around the world right now, whether it is our people, or the people of Georgia, or Russia, or Afghanistan, or Iraq, or...Sadly, the list is too long.

And once again, as if there was any doubt, this is exactly why we need to have s leader, a strong leader, a compassionate leader, a decisive leader. And that person is, without a doubt in my mind, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

No comments: