Sunday, December 28, 2008

Today Is A Day

NOTICE: I will be out of town from 12/27 - 1/1. I will try to get a few posts up, but no guarantees! In my absence, please consider visiting some of the blogs on the Blogroll, especially Logistics Monster, No Quarter, and Insight Analytical.

To sooth the soul through music while I am out of town. First up is this piece by Clannad ("Croi Croga"):



And to stay with the Celtic theme, there is this from "Celtic Woman," a piece entitled, "The Voice," performed by Lisa Kelly:



And here's a bonus. "Celtic Woman" singer, Orla Fallon, performing a piece BY Clannad! But, in this you get to see the drummers, which is a total plus, in my book anyway:



There is just something about Celtic music that really gets to me, it's haunting melodies, the totally primeval feel of the drumming, and the beauty of the voices...It feeds my soul, and I hope it does yours, as well...

2 comments:

SFIndie said...

Thanks, RRRA! What a wonderful way to start a Sunday morning. I, too, feel a deep connection to Celtic music (past life as a druid, perhaps?). Some day before my life is over, I hope to make a pilgrimage to the ancient sacred sites of Ireland. Until then, I'll soothe my soul through the music.

Wishing you a magical and joyous New Year, with many thanks for your keen and insightful posts, as well as your caring and compassion.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Hey, SFIndie!

Oh, thank you so much, SFIndie, that means so much to me! I appreciate your kind words!

The violinist for "Celtic Woman" is amazing. It's like gravity has no affect on her! We took our three yr old grand nephew to see them, and he was MESMORIZED by her. I thought the drumming would be the thing that caught his attention, but no!

ANyway - I'm with you. I really want to go to Ireland...

And thank you - you have a joyous and magical New Year, too!