Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's About Family Today

Since I have my nephew and his wife visiting for the weekend, I thought I would take this opportunity for another day of music. Hey, with all of the bickering and crapola going on in Washington, can't we all use a day off? I think so.

My choices are people who are family, beginning with Clannad, one of my all-time favorite Irish bands. I just love this piece, "Newgrange":



Some of you may know, that Clannad is Enya's family. She performed with them before striking out on her own. This is a gorgeous song, "Book of Days":



The Corrs are another favorite Irish group - they are composed of three sisters and a brother. They are known for songs like, "Breathless," but this is a nice Irish tune, "Toss the Feathers":



And finally, in case you want something a bit different, here's another band - no - not the Jonas Brothers (though you are more than welcome to go to Youtube, if you wish!), the Dixie Chicks. Two of their three members are sisters (Emily and Martie). But hey, country has its roots in Irish music, doesn't it?

Anyway, this one is also a tribute to those who have served, "Travelin' Soldier":



I hope everyone has a great day today with your families, chosen and blood. And if you are unable to be with your family (or friends), remember that we are all your family. We are all connected.

Have a wonderful Sunday... Copyright © 2011 by Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy

2 comments: