Monday, June 6, 2011

If She Keeps This Up, She Could Be The Next VP **UPDATED**

Update below.

Debbie Wasserman Scultz, that is. Her twisting, looping, convoluted machinations to deflect for Re. Anthony Weiner should easily merit her the second spot with Obama on the ticket. I mean, really, someone who can stay the talking point repeatedly no matter how idiotic it sounds with a straight face surely does deserve a higher spot than just DNC Chair.

Don't take my word for it. Watch her respond to Wolf Blitzer's questions regarding Rep. Weiner (H/t to Le-gal In-sur-rec-tion):



Okay, we get it. You think it is a "personal matter" for a US Representative to be tweeting out photos of his, um, oh, hell - you know - to young women? Really? Well, at least you are consistent when it comes to matters of US Representatives engaging in some hinky behavior.

Oh, wait - no you're not, as Michael Alan of Le-gal-In-sur-rec-tion highlights in this piece:
[snip]Well, that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz should really get acquainted with this Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:
This goes beyond Rep. Foley, it goes to the values of the Congressional leadership. These are not family values, these are not American values.

What was Wasserman-Schultz referring to in that 2006 quote? The behavior of Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL . . . are you watching those party labels?), who made advances towards 18 and 21 year old young men.

In fact, she went as far as to demand the resignation of then Speaker Denny Hastert for not addressing the Foley matter quickly enough:
[snip] What I've called for is an investigation to be completed within 10 days. And quite honestly, yes, I do think that Denny Hastert should resign . . . I‘d like to see the Republican caucus call upon their leadership, Speaker Hastert, Majority Leader Boehner, to get this resolved quickly. Do it before the election. And I haven‘t heard them say that. They‘re saying have the FBI investigate, have the House Ethics Committee investigate. They need to push their leadership to get this resolved so that they can move on, and we can make sure that we can restore the trust that they have shaken the public in Congress.

Now there are obviously some major differences between the two cases, but a big part of Wasserman-Schultz's complaint in 2006 was that Foley had not been previously sanctioned, despite evidence of a proclivity for hitting on much younger men.

But TNR's Jonathan Chait, who is one of the few lefty bloggers honestly covering this story, points out a Vanity Fair piece that suggests similar evidence of Weiner's issues as far back as 2001. [snip] (Click here to read the rest, and that goes for TNR piece, "Anthony Weiner's Skeeziness," too.)

Just to be clear, then, when a Republican Representative was caught engaging in less than seemly behavior, Wasserman-Schultz wanted the TOP Republican to resign as a result. But with Democrat Anthony Weiner, it is simply a "personal matter," and everyone should just leave him alone.

Is it just me, or is Wasserman Schultz digging a deeper and deeper hole since Obama wanted her to be the DNC Chair?

And WHAT is with these women defending men like this? Wasserman Schultz could not have deflected more to protect Weiner, and essentially declared this a hands-off matter. The National Enquirer has reported that Maria Shriver knew about Arnold's love child back in 2006, but Uncle Teddy wanted her to keep quiet lest it affect the family. (I know, I know, about the National Enquirer, but after they broke the John Edwards story, one has to give them props for getting it right sometimes.) And the list goes on.

Meanwhile, some of the Democratic BigWigs are all upset that Re. Weiner didn't show up for the Israel Day Parade in New York this past weekend. I am not kidding. These are some heavy hitters:
[snip] “I’d like to see him here,” Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) said at the parade, the New York CBS affiliate reported. “He cares about Israel, [is] very active in the Jewish community, and he ought to be here.”

Former New York City comptroller Bill Thompson, who’s seen as one of Weiner’s top potential rivals in the 2013 mayor’s race, said that the situation surrounding Weiner is “becoming a huge circus” and “it’s unfortunate that the congressman didn’t deal with this quickly.”

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-N.Y), also at the parade, noted Weiner’s absence but avoided criticism. “It’s going to be up to the congressman how he handles this and people will have their opinion when they actually have the facts,” he told the New York Post.

A handful of Weiner’s colleagues who represent New York City in the House refused to comment at the parade.

“I’m not here to pass judgment,” Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) told CBS. “I’m not trained in that area.”

“I know what you want to ask me, and I don’t want to answer,” Rep. Carolyn Maloney said. [snip] (Click here to read the rest.)

Please tell me again how the DNC is the party for women? The one that stands up for women? Because I am not seeing it. When you have major Democrats like those mentioned above lamenting that Weiner isn't in attendance at an event afte rall of this information is coming out about him, well, that is telling indeed. Heck, even as I type, more and more is coming out about Anthony Weiner and his Tweets to women - I'm sorry, I meant to say, INAPPROPRIATE tweets to women.

But Rep. Wasserman Schultz will keep trying her, "nothing to see here, move along, move along, this is a private matter," and her colleagues will, apparently, act like his behavior is no big deal, so he should show up anyway, and on, and on, and on...

Yep - I think the DNC Chair is destined for bigger things the way she stands by her (Democratic) man when he treats women like crap. Don't you?

UPDATE: I know this will come as a shock to you, but Rep. Weiner has FINALLY admitted that he has been sending these kinds of tweets before, and AFTER, he got married. AND, he admitted the underwear photo was indeed of him, and he indeed did send it to some young co-ed. What a charmer.

But you know he is not resigning over this.

There is so much more to the crapola he said, and you can read it all HERE. Copyright © 2011 by Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy

11 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Every-time I see DWS on TV I want to reach through the screen and bitch slap her. She's such a freakin' hypocrite and I wish the MSM would call her on it for once. But if wishes were horses...bright sparkly unicorn type horses...which I'm still waiting for, btw.

“I’m not here to pass judgment,” Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) told CBS. “I’m not trained in that area.”

Oh no...Charlie would never pass judgment on anyone, never!

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

I know, right? It really is disturbing to see such rampant hypocrisy. She went on to talk abt how they won that district in NY - after the Rep. congressman stepped down for inappropriate behavior (and which they NEVER would have won had the Dem-turned Tea Party member hadn't siphoned off 9 or 10% of the vote...

And Charlie Rangel - he IS an expert in being unethical, so I am sure he had PLENTY he could have said...

Mary Ellen said...

I wonder how many under-aged girls Weiner sent his pics to or sexted to? I'm sure that he didn't bother to ask for a birth certificate or anything...since, you know, Democrats aren't all that interested in birth certificates and stuff.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

LOL, ME - that's an excellent question.

Get this - Chris Lee, the rep from the 26th District of NY, also sent a photo of himself, but only his CHEST, and he stepped down. Weiner (honestly, could there BE a more aptly named pervert?) did much more than that, and for longer. It seems clear that he also used the resources of his office to do so. Uh oh...

It is remarkable to me that DWS is so amazingly hypocritical, as are so many of these Dems, anyway. Weren't we/they screaming for Foley to get out, and now, with Weiner pulling this stunt for a WHILE now, they just want to put it behind them?

I went to take a look at TalkLeft just to see how the folks there were dealing with it. Big Tent Dem seemed unwilling to make a judgment call, saying what people do in their private lives is their business, blah, blah, blah. A commenter at NQ mentioned that many of the Left sites are essentially saying he has apologized and stuff, isn't he so honest and upstanding?

WTH is wrong with these people??

Stray Yellar Dawg? said...

Oh, it's a personal matter allright. His career is over. That's real "personal."

What is wrong with Debbie? Hells bells... what is wrong with the Left?

Here's Barbara Walters somehow twisting this whole thing around to have something to do with Palin:
http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/06/barbara-walters-if-palin-can-ride-around-on-a-bus-weiner-can-stay-in-congress/


And Chris Matthews blaming Weiner's wife, Huma:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/06/238051/chris-matthews-weiner-wife/

These folks are not that Lefties I once knew. They have lost their freakin minds.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

SYD, you are so right. I swear, if I was ever like this, blanket apologies to every and anyone affected by my myopia. I truly apologize if I ever tried to deflect from a man coming on to a bunch of women sending photos of himself by trying to take down another woman.

When Joy Behar starts defending Palin, you KNOW it has gone too far.

And Chris Matthews - what a piece of work he is. What can you expect from a man who doesn't see any qualifications for a woman who was in the Top 100 attorneys in the country TWICE, had one of the Top Speeches of the 20th Century, worked tirelessly on behalf of women and children, but ONLY got to where she was because her husband messed around with Monica??

That kind of twisted, misogynistic logic seems to be more the norm for these men than the exception. I cannot believe I EVER thought progressive men really gave a damn abt women...

Oh, and DWS said something else assholic today - that Republicans want to go back to Jim Crow laws. WTH is wrong with her???

Stray Yellar Dawg? said...

I, too, apologize if I was ever that myopic and ignorant. In fact, it scares me to think I used to believe and respect Barbara Walters.

Who was I back then.... just a few years ago? Have they really changed for the worse? Or was I as bad as them once upon a time??

My PUMA identity crisis continues....

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

I hear ya, SYD, I truly do. I cannot believe I liked some of those folks so much, either. Whoopi Goldberg, for instance, who now tries to clarify rape so it doesn't seem so bad. Keith Olbermann, who turned out to be a raging lunatic (IMHO). And Barbara - trying to compare what Weiner did to Palin's bus tour is such a fantastic leap of logic, it really makes me wonder WHY they have to work so hard to try and deflect from the wrong doing?

Here's a thought - admit it, acknowledge it, expect some consequences from it, instead of trying to shove it under the rug. So dysfunctional...

Stray Yellar Dawg? said...

Rev. Amy....

You should set up a PUMA counseling service. To help us disenfranchised Lefties cope with our identity crises. :-p

Mary Ellen said...

Ya know, I don't think we have to beat up ourselves for being duped by the Democratic Party. I think they always had their backroom deals but now they just air their dirty laundry out in the open and they don't care if anyone sees it. Maybe they are banking on the younger generation to continue to buy into all their lies and propaganda. But to be honest, I don't think as many of them are going to follow along in 2012.

What really worries me is how they are manipulating the senior citizens. Most of them don't use computers to get their news, they just listen to whatever is given them in the MSM and right now they are being inundated with scare tactics about their medicare. I had to talk my mom down the other day and fill her in on the reality of what Obama is pulling.

I know that whatever she is telling me is stuff that she is hearing in the community room in her building. If the Republicans were smart, they would target these places to get their message across and dispel the propaganda that is being spread in the MSM. Seniors vote, in large numbers. I can attest to the fact that the senior apartment building my mom is in, they bus them to the polls because they ask to go...and most of them never miss an election.

AARP is not helping, either, they're in Obama's pocket..big time.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

LOL, SYD - hey - I think we can help each other, right?

Like ME just did - I guess for me, I trusted that what they were saying was the truth, and that they really did have our best interests at heart (women, seniors, LGBT, et al). But I think you are right, ME - I think they have always been this duplicitous but were shadier abt it.

The thing is, the way a lot of these young people think, they don't CARE if Obama cheats to win. To them, that is just playing the game BETTER than the other person.

And not just young people, though when you see the things they are doing these days, it makes me truly concerned. But, I remember my younger brother, the Assoc. Dean of the Honors College at a major state university saying Obama was just smart in getting everyone kicked off the ballot to run unopposed.

WHAT??? Never mind that one of the people he got kicked off was his MENTOR - or that this makes him a total raging A-hole, but hey - he played the game and won, so,YAY!

Sigh.

Is it really so much to ask to want elected officials who have integrity and ethics? Though, it seems those that do get raked over the coals by those who do not...

Anyway - thanks, ME - appreciate your remarks.

And you are SOOOO right abt senior citizens and the flat out lies the Dems are telling them, with AARP's help. I will never join that organization - they are not on the side of their alleged constituents, that's for sure.

Isn't it amazing that the Dems keep harping on Medicare when THEY cut a ton of money from it? Wow...