Saturday, December 5, 2009

What Do Miss Americas And Afghanistan Have In Common?

At first blush, one would think, not much. But recently, a number of Miss Americas, and one Miss Utah, who is also a former sargent in the Army, traveled to Afghanistan to meet with the troops.

Oh, you might recognize one woman in particular, especially if you are a fan of The Amazing Race, as I am. Yes, Erica Kleinschmidt, one of the final three pairs in this year's Amazing Race, is one of the six Miss Americas who went. Watch it here:



Moving, isn't it? And after Obama's "Push Me, Pull Me" policy for Afghanistan, I am sure our troops needed this lift.

And for a bit of a shift, since we will be decorating our Solstice Tree today, I have a fitting tune for you. First, may I just say, I freaking love having a tree inside my house. The way it makes the whole house smell brings a smile to my face every time. Until I have to sweep up the needles on the floor, aided in their decline by my four energetic cats.

Anyway, for a little treat, here is a moving holiday tribute:



I meant "moving" in the cracking up laughing sense!

Hope you enjoyed it. I gotta get to that tree.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

When I was watching that first video I thought about how brave those women were to go to Afghanistan. Just flying in the Black Hawk helicopter from base to base could have ended badly.

The second video...absolutely loved it! Thanks!

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to read my favorite blogs....lots of stuff going on at home. I'll catch up with the posts I missed this week.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Indeed - I thought the same thing. That was no walk in the park, that's for sure.

Glad you liked the other video - those guys are hilarious!

ME, I totally understand. It is a very busy time.

Just so you know, we are going out of town (and country) at the end of the week for a brief Bahamas cruise. It's abt the only way my partner doesn't work 60 - 80 hrs a week - if she's out int he middle of the ocean without computer access! I'll put a notice up, but thought I'd mention it.

I hope everything is okay with your mom and m-i-l!