Saturday, September 19, 2009

Was He Lying Then, Or Is He Lying Now?

Oh, this is an interesting video. Obama v. Obama on Health Care. Obama '07 against Obama '09. This is mighty interesting indeed. Take a look:



I told you it was interesting. You know, in that "liar, liar, pants on fire" sort of way, which I say knowing I am probably going to be called a racist. Ahem. Still, one cannot deny he is lying in one or the other.

And how about Obama on Insuring Illegal Aliens? The good news for me is that I don't even have to change the years on this one. Heck, I don't even have to change the month, or even the WEEK!! Yes, this is all in just one little ol' week, heck, it was in one little ol' SPEECH:



Um, you wanna tell us what you mean by that, Mr. Obama? Does that mean you support amnesty for those who are here illegally so they can get that health coverage? What's the deal?

Just to be clear, I am not a right wingnut who allegedly hates all immigrants. Even when I was a leftwing nut, I did not support all illegal immigrants being granted amnesty carte blanche, and that hasn't changed now that I'm an Leftie Independent wingnut. I do believe in granting asylum to people fleeing their countries who are in fear of their lives, absolutely. Come on in, I say. But if it is someone who comes here on a student visa, and overstays, or crosses the border for work, sending a majority of their wages back home (thus, not back into our economy), I say, do it the right way. File for citizenship. Heck, if you really want to be an American citizen and don't want to go through the time and expense for the usual process, join the military. After you have served the requisite time, you're an American. That's fine. Welcome! But to grant amnesty to 12,000,000 people who are here illegally, so they can get full health benefits, without having paid taxes back into it? Um, no.

That's not to say our immigration policy doesn't need tweaking - it surely does. Let's work on that. But that does not mean everyone here should get a clean slate and not have to do the work those who came here legally did. That would make a mockery of the entire system, wouldn't it? Not to mention being incredibly unfair to those who did do the paperwork, paid the money, and jumped through all the hoops as required. Not fair at all, I think. But I digress.

At this rate, I think President Obama may just give President Clinton a run for the moniker, "Slick." He's doing a mighty fine job of it these days. You never know what he's going to say from one day to the next, or even one sentence from the next. No doubt this issue of amnesty will be developing, so stay tuned, and stay vigilant.

4 comments:

Amarissa said...

Great find! I just posted it in my blog. This has to spread!
Thanks!!!!

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Thanks, Amarissa - I appreciate it! Thanks for coming by!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rev, tsk tsk tsk. How can you call his Lordship a liar??? He's just truth-challenged, that's all. Poor man, we can't expect him to keep ALL his stories straight, now can we? He just gets all wee-weed out with so much to remember.

Did you catch the video at RBO? Here's the YouTube link: http://tinyurl.com/lybqs8

A couple more truth-challenging moments in the life of his wee-weed Lordship.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

"Truth-challenged" - ROTFLMAO!!!!! That is too, too funny!

As for him having to keep so much in mind, my partner said that's why he has all of those czars! :-)

As for the video, OHMYGODDESS - are you freakin' KIDDING me? Does he still not understand that people actually check what he says? I guess he just doesn't care.

Thanks for my next installment in the "Liar, Liar" series! (Can you imagine? I'd have to stay alive another 100 yrs at LEAST to report each one - and that's just for the past couple of years! :-D )

"Wee-weed up" - sigh. Can you IMAGINE if Hillary had said that (though SHE never would)? People would have it on posters at EVERY stop she made. Sheesh.