Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Am So Sick Of Obama...

I tried to write something about Obama today after his 263rd speech on Wednesday evening - not making up that number - but I just cannot. I am sick to death of him already. I am sick of seeing his face on the cover of my newspaper, on the cover of just about every magazine in the grocery store checkout line, and I am most DEFINITELY sick of seeing him on the TV. AND, he gave yet another speech on health care TODAY! WTH already?? He had a captive audience last night - that wasn't enough for him? Sheesh. And not for nothing, but he messed with the airing of "Wipeout," dadgummit! Hey - I have my priorities!!

Dangit - I just switched the channel to NOT have to watch him go on and on - and there he was on a COMMERCIAL. I thought I was safe going over to ESPN. Apparently not. Blech.

Oh - and about the SC representative who shouted out "You lie" Wednesday night, Joe Wilson? I had never heard of him before. The only Joe Wilson with whom I was familiar was the Ambassador, husband to Valerie Plame Wilson. But I have to hand it to the Representative - he spoke the truth. And it isn't like it hasn't happened before, for heaven's sake. Yes, a breach of decorum, but Democrats are hardly blameless as this post from Mere Rhetoric highlights. Hypocrisy is hardly the purview of one party, either, and the Democrats have made that ABUNDANTLY clear.

All I can say is: Thank heavens for Yankees baseball, and the incredible achievement of Derek Jeter. It allowed me to avoid the breathless adoration of the Obamaphants. Yes, my beloved Derek Jeter, the Captain of the Yankees, tied the Iron Horse's record of 2,721 hits. Unbelievable:



Pretty cool, right? Now that I could watch all day. Obama? Not so much.

How about you - are you as sick of seeing him spewing the same hollow crapola day in and day out? What else is on your mind?

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

In one way I was disgusted by having to view that smug mug of his, but on the other hand, I so enjoyed watching his Obot robots have their hopes dashed once again. I know I shouldn't, but I revel in their pain.

For those Obots who are out there today trying to get all "fired up", it will be double the pleasure when he signs a bill that is nothing like the rhetoric and lies he tried to pass off in last night's speech. Nowhere in the active bill that is on the floor of Congress, does any of his so-called promises match.

Obots have very short memories. Remember when he said he would filibuster any bill that had retroactive immunity for the telecom industry and then he voted yes for the bill that gave them the immunity? Or, how about the promises he made to end DADT and DOMA? Oh...and remember his promise to stop those torture rendition flights? Hmmm....

How they can believe this guy is beyond me, but then again, they've got the attention span of a flea, so that explains a lot.

Ms. Becky said...

oh, oh...Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy. I cannot tell you. I am sooooo sick of the guy. He is everywhere. At all times. And, when I watch him speak, I don't think it is coming from his heart because he is always always reading it. Prez Clinton can talk and talk and talk never using any notes or a teleprompter (for the most part) and I am know he is telling it from his heart. Because it is there, in his heart or he wouldn't be able to speak at length about it. Hillary the same way. I once watched her speak at a Jefferson Jackson dinner for 30 minutes, a rousing speech with no notes, no teleprompter. Nada. Remember when Bill's teleprompter had the wrong speech in it for the SOTU speech and he didn't miss a beat? A human marvel that guy. See, I just can't even stand to think about Obama. Sorry to digress. Have a beautiful day!

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Mary Ellen, you have a STRONG stomach, I tell ya!! :-) But yeah, given the reveling thing, I can see how it would be worth it - teehee!

You are so, so right, too. I cannot fathom why they hell they believe the words that are coming out of his mouth. It is just insanity, is it not, for them to think that THIS time, he means it? Please...

Great comment!

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Miss Becky, no digression at all. Believe you me, I can sure understand why you would want to talk more abt Bill and Hill than Barry. Seriously. Mr. Swivel Head makes me reach for the Dramimine, if I can watch him that long.

You are spot on - it does NOT come from his heart. It comes from his frat boy who is writing the most innocuous/feel good speech possible to make it SOUND like he is saying something when he isn't. There is no way, on this Great Green Earth, that Barry could give his SOTU speech without TOTUS. No way in hell. Could never do it.

And honestly, Hillary is such a great extemporaneous speaker - why she was always characterized as "cool" was a hatchet job done on her by the MSM. Whenever I saw her speak, she was warm, funny, brilliant, and used NO NOTES. She is amazing.

Barry? Not so much.

Amber said...

I took my son to the doctor's office today and what do I see? A copy of October's issue of "Men's Health" of all things, with Obama on the cover. Inside were articles about Obama's workout routine, Obama's White House chef, Obama's White House vegetable garden, and an interview with Obama himself. Wow. Barf.

Interestingly, the spot where the delivery address would normally have been was blank. I thought it was odd that "Men's Health" would be in a pediatric clinic waiting room to begin with; it features a lot of scantily clad women and tips on how to improve your sex life. My theory is that some zealot dropped it off there as part of the One's latest propoganda campaign. Since the magazine was really inappropriate for kids (only partly because of the sexual content and sexist memes) I tossed it in the trash on my way out.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

ROTFLMAO - you GO, Amber!!! That was the perfect way to deal with that inappropriate magazine - it had no place in a Pediatrician's office. No way.

I suspect you are right abt how it got in there. And that should tell you something abt them, too, you know? Thinking that is appropriate for a place where children congregate? Uh, yeah...

Thanks for the laugh, Amber - I hope your son is okay!