Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Maxing Out The Race Card?

Two prominent members of the House of Representatives, Charlie Rangel, and Maxine Waters, are both facing a number of Ethics charges. Both are fighting these charges, and Rep. Waters has also intimated these charges are based on race, not any wrong doing on her part. Yeah. Okay.

I am sure it will not surprise you to learn that when the shoe was on the other foot, a Republican being charged with Ethics charges some time ago, Waters was all too ready to pile on.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, as Bill Hemmer discusses with NPR and Fox contributor, Juan Williams in this clip below:



So, Rep. Rangel made a 37 minute long speech about his mistreatment by the House. Oh, woe is me, right Charlie? I thought Stephen Hayes made some good points about Rep. Rangel in the discussion below near the end:



Sorry, Charlie, many of us are not buying what you are selling, especially in terms of that half a million...

Well, I reckon we'll see soon enough what will come of these two trials, though Rangel is right - don't leave him swinging in the wind. Put him on trial now, or expel him. Go for it. Any day now.

As for the race card Rep. Waters has used, and will be using, I think we all knew that was going to happen during one (or both) of these trials. So, when I happened to catch the following Larry Wilmore segment on Rangel and Waters with on The Daily Show, I was laughing my, um, head, off:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Race Card Is Maxed Out
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party


Hilarious, right? I thought so. The race card has been maxed out. Oh, if only that was true...

No comments: