Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Productive Women" and "Saving The Planet"

I was taking a look at the news, how the House is trying to ram through Obama's Health Care Initiatives before the recess, even if it means running over a bunch of Democrats to do it, much less people actually reading the damn thing, and all I could do was shake my head. I thought about writing it up, but figured that might just make my head explode. And frankly, who the hell knows what tomorrow will bring with the Health Care thingamabob? There's just no telling. It could make whatever I write obsolete in a matter of minutes.

Then there's the whole Obama v. Officer Crowley v. Gates kerfluffle. What the hell, already? Is this what they mean by a "bully pulpit"?? Because that sure seems to be the way Obama sees it. What a ridiculous, stupid, issue for Obama to engage in, especially when he doesn't even know the facts of the case before opening mouth, inserting foot. American Girl in Italy pointed that out beautifully in her piece, "Obama: I don't Know Anything About It Except The Cop Acted Stupidly." Uh, yeah. Way to show some real decorum befitting your office there, Obama.

Are we all back in junior high school now or something? Holy smokes. The name calling, the cliques, the back-stabbing, stealing people's lunch money (as in our pensions, jobs, and companies), and on it goes, like a pep rally for school spirit. Grow up already. Learn a little decorum, for crying out loud.

Obama is just wearing me out. And while the following Onion video could be all too true (both in terms of treatment of women and how we are all going to need to learn Chinese). for the moment at least, it is funny as hell:


Police Still Searching For Missing Productive, Obedient Woman

Oh, my. Can't you just see that day coming upon us, especially after the sexism and misogyny of the past Primary/Election? I sure can...

And since the issue of Climate Change has been big in the news of late, there is this planet-saving initiative from Taco Bell (via The Onion):


Taco Bell's New Green Menu Takes No Ingredients From Nature

Now that should make a difference, shouldn't it?? Oh, yeah...

Damn, those Onion folks are FUNNY!

I'm off to enjoy my last full day with my awesome cousin who is here visiting until tomorrow morning (early). I hope you're able to enjoy your day, too. At least now I don't feel like my head's gonna explode, and that's saying something. Hope the same is true for you!

No comments: