Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And The Conversation Continues...

Well, this will be my last post for a while. Again, I want to thank everyone for their warm support and encouragement of me as I prepare to have my knee replaced on September 9th. It means more to me than I can say.

Before I go, I want to highlight a few of the issues that we have been discussing over the past few months. First up is the Cordoba House, the mosque Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf wants to build close to Ground Zero. Rauf penned an Op-Ed for the NY Times on the mosque, and the desire to build it there (though it seems short on an explanation of why there). Below is a dialogue between Bill Hemmer and Father Jonathan Morris:



I think Father Morris summed it up when he said that along with rights, comes respect (paraphrasing there). Rauf's editorial may appear to be rational and reasonable, but there seem to be a few digs in there, to be sure. Read it for yourself and decide.

Next up is the issue of Obamacare, and what it is going to mean to us in the short run. Oh, I think you can guess - it is going to cost us more money. Surprise!!! Except it isn't to those of us who were paying attention. We knew this was going to cost more money than save it, and we knew the numbers the Democrats used to get this passed were, um, inaccurate. So, get ready to empty out your wallets:



Then there is Obama's homage to the Unions with his new $50 billion proposal. Why is it an homage to the unions? Because the money is supposed to go for infrastructure purposes. Which is fine - we need that. But, as you may recall, in February, 2009, Obama signed an order that federal contracts have to look to the unions first. And only 16% of construction workers are unionized. Soooooo - this $50 billion is just a payback to his major supporters. It also costs more, according to this Washington Post article. Wheee!!!!

Here's Stuart Varney to fill us in on the details:



Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the unions are sure getting their money's worth, aren't they? Not so much the rest of us, though. Ha - there's a surprise.

Finally, the 9th anniversary of 9/11 is just a few days away. I want to leave you with this story about the World Trade Towers then, and what they plan for the future:



Brings tears to my eyes. I love the waterfalls they have planned in the foot prints of the towers. They are beautiful - soothing, yet strong.

What a day that was, one we will not soon forget. At least I hope we do not...

Again, thank you all for your loving support. It means the world to me. You will be in my heart while I am away.

No comments: