Saturday, June 5, 2010

Taking The Day Off To Go To The Chapel

So, I have friends in town and their wedding to do today (yes, I really am a minister!), so I'll be taking the day off. I do love doing weddings - especially for friends I love. That's a good day indeed.

These two songs are for my friends. First, is Joshua Radin performing "Today":



And this one is a particular favorite. I performed it along with my partner at a wedding I officiated. It seems particularly appropriate for my friends, too:



May you feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter to the other.
May you feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other.
May there be no loneliness for you.
Now you are two bodies, but there is one life before you.
Go now to your dwelling-place, to enter into the days of your togetherness.
And may your days be good, and long upon the earth.
(Adapted Apache Prayer, Kenneth Patton)

Thank you for the honor of performing your wedding. It means more to me than I can say.

No doubt, a legacy of love is what you will leave, dear ones. Many blessings on you as you begin another chapter in your lives together.

No comments: