Monday, August 8, 2011

New Construction *Open Thread*

Hey, Friends -

I am working on changing my blog site to WordPress, and away from Google's "Blogger" for a number of reasons. Some of those reasons are: 1. my good buddy, Uppity, suggested I do so; 2. because Google attaches a bunch of cookies to people who visit; and 3. it can be a real pain in the butt for people to leave comments. In all honesty, I should have done this ages ago, and I apologize that I did not. So, while I work on setting up the other site, this one will continue to be available.

While I am at the housekeeping portion of this post, I also want to give fair warning that I will be undergoing more knee surgery next month. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way to determine exactly what is going on in there that is making my pain worse now than it was before. As it is, concentrating on actually writing posts has become increasingly difficult, so expect my posting to be a little more sporadic in the time leading up to the surgery, and for a bit afterward.

Okay. Enough about me. Here are a couple of stories that really caught my eye. First up is the new talking point by the Democrats that it is all the Tea Party's fault for our downgraded credit rating. Because, you know, it just makes sense to blame the people who want to rein in spending and decrease our debt for this rating, right? Uh, yeah, if you are Obama puppeteer David Axelrod, or the last Democrat for whom I ever voted because I was a Yellow Dog Dem even though I couldn't stand him, John Kerry. Wow. The lack of logic there is just staggering.

Let me understand this. The Democrats refused to prepare a budget for over two years because they knew the debt ceiling discussion would necessarily come up, and kept spending like drunken Congresspeople, ballooning our debt more and more, and somehow, it is the fault of a few people from the Tea Party in Congress? What a crock.

Then there is this astonishing story just out now: Jacqueline Kennedy (Onassis) believed it was Lyndon B. Johnson who caused the death of her husband, JFK. Check that - had JFK killed:
[snip] In the tapes, to be broadcast by ABC, Kennedy reveals her belief that Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons orchestrated the murder of her husband by gunman Lee Harvey Oswald.[snip]

Holy crappydoo - that is massive.

And finally, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families, friends, and fellow troops after the tremendous loss of 30 of our finest this past weekend in Afghanistan. Such a tragic event in terms of how it happened, and that it happened. To lose so many members of the elite Seal Team Six is just mind boggling. My heart just breaks for all of those affected personally by this tragedy, and for us all, as this impacts us, too.

For them, for their families, I leave you with this:

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Glad you're switching to WordPress, I never regret that I did. Let me know if you have any problems, but I doubt if you will. They're great to work with. The nice thing is, if you have problems, they get back to you right away and are so nice to work with.

Also, you have so much more control over dealing with trolls, easy to block them from your blog. I have a few that tried everything to get their comments in after I blocked them and couldn't. I smiled every time I hit "clear spam".

Hope they get that knee in better shape! Maybe they left a glove or something in there after surgery. ;-)

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Hey, ME -

Yes, I think you are so right abt WordPress. It will be a much better fit. And thank you for the offer of help. I appreciate it!

Having better control over trolls is ALWAYS a good thing! That will be a big plus.

And thank you - it has been a very frustrating process, to put it mildly. I look forward to finally getting this resolved (like getting that darn glove out - lol).

Anyway - nice to hear from you!

Mary Ellen said...

Maybe it's not a glove...is there any chance that when you walk by your surgeon's car do you hear a beep and the doors unlock? Could be he dropped his keys in there. :-)

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

ROTFLMAO - if that is the case, I a m going to assume it's a nice one. I'll get the damn keys out myself! :-D