Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bush Redux, Redux, Redux...

As in Obama is continuing to channel Bush. I could just as easily entitle this, "Obama is going to make my head explode - AGAIN." So this morning, I'm watching the news, and they're all getting ready for Obama to make YET ANOTHER &*#$#&& press conference about how he wants to cut a whopping $17 billion from his 479 GAZILLION dollar budget (okay, it's really "only" $3.4 TRILLION dollars). But get this - 40% - that's FORTY PERCENT - of his "proposal" was taken from BUSH's last budget request. The reporter, Mike Emmanuel, said he wouldn't call it plagiarism exactly, though I don't know what else one calls it when someone lifts something whole cloth from someone else, but I would. Oh, and he said that the Democrats were adamantly opposed to it when Bush proposed it, so it will sure be interesting to see what they do this time...

Still, this is a mere drop in the budget bucket, all things considered. Maybe instead of us/US buying up banks and failed car companies, we could cut back the budget some, and I don't mean cutting services to the People. Just a thought...

So, as a way to ease my aching head, I have a very funny video for you. It goes hand in hand with the beginning of our Live Chat discussion on May 6th of "Hacking Democracy" and voting machine fraud (which continues next Weds., May 13, at 9:00pm):



Ah, yes - our "shadowy overlords" - that sounds just about right!

And, for those of you who were kind enough to inquire, and ask to see him again, I have two photos of Jordan for you, taken on Weds. I just found out that instead of him being 22, he is actually 26 (he is in the Witness Protection Program, having been rescued from a crazy person threatening to shoot him). He is a 16.2 hh Thoroughbred retired Hunter/Jumper. Here he is in all his glory, with one of his stablemates in the background:



And for a bonus, there was this backyard visitor:



Doesn't that just make your head feel better?

Oh, and I saw Leila's new owner. She said she and her family are DELIGHTED with Leila, that she is a wonderful addition to the family. Even more, the puffball miniature puppy she had already rescued and Leila are thick as thieves, even sleeping in the same crate together. They have already become inseparable (and she is bigger than the photo below, but just to remind you!).



What's going on with you?

2 comments:

Arturo Ui said...

What a beautiful horse, Amy! Witness Protection Program, huh?

Welcome back from the trip!

I will add that while I certainly don't like 40% of anything Bush-related, that still leaves 60% of the cuts that AREN'T. Just sayin...

And did you hear about Joe The Plumber? I never was a fan, but I didn't think he was a bigot. Until now:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jsteln5mxyXt8tzx4xTGYyR-ihowD9812S5G1

"People don't understand the dictionary — it's called queer," Wurzelbacher told Christianity Today in an interview published this week. "Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do — what man and woman are for."

He added, "I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children.

Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy said...

Hey, Arturo!

And thanks! It's nice to be back, though it was a GREAT vacation. Trip of a lifetime, really...

LOL - yes, Jordan is in the equine version of Witness Protection. And thank heavens - otherwise, had his previous owner succeeded, he would have been shot in the head. Yikes. He brings us great joy!

Oh, holy cow abt Joe the Plumber. Wouldn't want gay people around his kids?? Gee, Joe, bigoted much?? Huh - think I oughta send him the letter my friend wrote to Gov. Lynch? :-)

And just out of curiosity, why was he being interviewed by Christianity Today? Does anyone else think his response isn't exactly CHRISTIAN???

Thanks for coming by, Arturo!